Head of Mobility Job, Other Professions,
Our Client aims to address unsustainable urbanization and the proliferation of informal settlements by improving livelihoods and access to services for rural Africans. In conjunction with a collection of local partners, they plan to leverage three central resources: (1) off-grid power generation, (2) information, communication and digital technologies and (3) clean mobility, to create a platform to support an array of interventions to further sustainable development and gender parity in rural Africa.
The pilot project will focus on agricultural communities in Kisii and Nyamira Counties, both located in rural Western Kenya. Our Client will coordinate a collection of local partners with complementary capabilities to demonstrate the opportunity and feasibility of a digital Smart Village Platform for orchestrating the provisioning of mobility, agriculture and energy.
Our Client intends to immediately hire a Head of Mobility to lead the Mobility department, supporting in developing our approach and to deliver and implement it to the project. The candidate will combine technical skills, creativity, logistical and business acumen to deliver operational excellence and provide subject matter expertise and advice besides mentoring the staff within our various mobility interventions on the ground.
Job duty station:
Gross Salary Range:
1 Year with potential to renew.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own process improvements: Have a deep understanding of fleet management, logistics, vehicle asset management and supply metrics. Be able to flag any performance gaps and implement action plans in support of SLAs. Scope and Project manage continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support Management: Work together with other teams (farmer support, data, market access) to solve ongoing issues, flagging and addressing any potential support risks.
- Drivers and Fleets training and onboarding: Training new drivers and charging & maintenance staff and ensure that maintenance, safety, accounting and telematics documents and processes are updated and available to management and project partners.
- Working with the Learning and Knowledge Management team, co-develop and implement a performance monitoring system sufficient to evaluate performance against Key Performance Indicators.
- Design and implement interventions to support increased visibility and utility of our mobility program among project stakeholders.
- Lead research and reporting activities relating to mobility innovations including but not limited to: conducting literature reviews, preparing memos synthesizing relevant research, and advising on project planning.
- Monitor and advise on current and future trends in the mobility business, including upcoming legislation that may impact the project.
- Disseminate, implement and monitor progress and compliance with company policies regarding support for rural agricultural value-chains and environmental management.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies; revise procedures, reports, etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Collaborate with the project legal counsel and leadership to monitor enforcement of safety standards and regulations.
- Establish and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders including but not limited to project partners, stakeholders and other experts at universities/research institutions.
- Oversee the product testing and iteration with a strong focus on user-centered design. This means serving as a customer and business proxy to the engineering team, communicating project vision, strategy, and interests to the staff and engineering teams.
- Staff mentorship: supporting all staff members working on our mobility activities and supporting the development of the team’s technical knowledge, research and data analysis capacity.
- Ensure that all staff know and implement the local county and national laws, policies, rules, and regulations relating to mobility are properly implemented and followed during the provision of mobility services.
- Seek opportunities to initiate improvement in organizational processes and effectiveness, including employee performance, morale, and work methods.
- The ability to move through ambiguity and create structure where needed is essential for this role.
- Be an independent thinker and problem solver – be enthusiastic about coming up with solutions and recommendations for constant improvement.
- 3-5 years previous experience as a Mobility specialist or manager (experience working at Uber, Safe Boda type startups advantageous).
- Expertise with product development of mobility solutions in rural setups.
Applicants should send their cover letters and CVs to [email protected] with the email reference as HEAD OF MOBILITY. Deadline for applications is 15th September 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.