Legal Counsel Job, Current Legal Jobs In Kenya,
To provide full range of in-house legal services and manage required legal support for Oracle’s business in East and West Africa, reporting to the Legal Senior Manager in Kenya
Key Objectives / Measures
- Provision of quality legal support and representing Corporate interests
- Internal Customer satisfaction
- Close liaison with Deal Management organization
- Independent handling of major tasks, business and improvement projects
- Implementing and providing training on legal policies and business practices
- Measured by Corporate performance standards.
- RFPs and contracts reviews.
- Providing all required assistance to the Legal Senior Manager in Kenya as well as to the Legal Managing Counsel in Nigeria
- Provide transactional support to the business, including drafting, vetting and negotiating major/non-standard agreements.
- Respond to adhoc queries, providing appropriate solutions.
- Negotiate commercial contracts and drafting non-standard contractual provisions.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate risks, explaining to the business and proposing solutions.
- Ensure compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law.Provide training to other Oracle functions on legal policy and business practices.
- Participate in EMEA-wide initiatives as required
- Develop an understanding of Oracle´s products and services
- Corporate housekeeping/company secretarial duties
- Perform all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house company lawyer and as required by the Manager;
- Superior written and oral communication skills (in English) with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all evels of the organization
- High-level legal drafting skills (English)
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
- Commercial negotiation experience, ideally in the IT or other hi-tech industry
- Experience in license/Cloud/partnership agreements, general commercial law, RFPs, general corporate matters, and intellectual property, are strongly preferred
- Practical and creative thinking and problem-solving
- Commercial outlook with excellent judgment and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Willingness to travel in Kenya and abroad as required
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Minimum job requirements
- Law degree and professional qualification. 3-5 years and above relevant experience.
- Experience as in-house counsel is a plus
- Previous experience in the industry preferred.
How to Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.