Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Operations & Admin Manager Job, Latest Logistics Jobs in Kenya,
JOB TITLE OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
NATURE OF JOB FULL TIME
SALARY RANGE KSH 60K-80K
JOB LOCATION NAIROBI, KENYA
Our client is a logistics company with several water trucks. They are seeking to hire an Operations & Administration Manager with a strong background in marketing and Fleet management. Under general directions the incumbent supervises and coordinates company’s activities and operations on assigned activities and provides highly responsible staff assistance to the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• General business development. This entails prospecting for new business, plan persuasive approaches that will convince potential clients to deliver growth in the company’s three main product offerings through a structured comprehensive marketing & advertising strategy. Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods, client satisfaction and operating procedures; identify resource needs and implement these improvements.
• Coordinate the organization’s staffing requirements, shifts and operational activities and maximize all available resources (water trucks & equipment, staff) at all times.
• Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities; recommend and ensure implementation of these results-driven policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
• Direct, coordinate and review the work plan for the company; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; sub contractors’ and other service providers’, review and evaluate work deliverables, methods and procedures; meet with staff bi-weekly to discuss performance to identify and resolve problems.
• Oversee company’s maintenance functions for the water point, borehole equipment, trucks, motor bike and other equipment. The incumbent must have a sound technical know-how and experience to ensure proper maintenance and service knowledge and hands on experience/competencies to ensure all infrastructure, pumps, trucks & related operational equipment are in good working condition at all times
• Ensure all statutory compliance is adhered to – in areas of inspections, licenses and insurance
• Maintain and update service & maintenance records to include a file for each truck/crew
• Routine updating of the maintenance checklists for all vehicles.
• Manage & Control by checking mileage, mean consumption rates, routes, travel logbooks vs. the tracking systems and update for approval re-fueling vouchers/LPO’s
• Prepare and present the daily, weekly & monthly operations reports. Present the Quarterly Performance Reviews.
• Select, train, motivate and evaluate/appraise performance of personnel; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and effect termination procedures as necessary.
• Participate in the development and administration of the company’s annual PLAN budget; forecast funds needed for staffing, training, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and implement approved expenditures; recommend adjustments as necessary.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors for periodic accounting and operational systems examination.
• Degree/ diploma in a Business related course
• 3-5 years ‘prior experience working in truck & logistics fleet management with strong operational management skills
• Previous experience in Sales and marketing will be an added advantage
• Strong entrepreneurial skills.
• Leadership skills and a team player
• The ideal candidate must be honest, hardworking & committed.
• Have good analytical skills and have good situational awareness at all times.
• Must be able to deliver and exceed expectations in a challenging environment.
• Ability to attain growth targets semi-independently/autonomously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to [email protected]
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter