Business Development Manager, Latest Administration Jobs Kenya,
About the role
You will work with One Acre Fund’s CEO, both directly and with his immediate support staff, as the lead writer for his portfolio of fundraising proposals and reports. You will receive intensive writing mentorship from him and other senior writers over the first 6-12 months, then your work will then quickly ramp up in value, complexity, and independence. This is a career-track position with opportunities to manage other writers based on performance and preference.
- Write grant reports and proposals. Our writing team crafts powerful prose about One Acre Fund’s work and customers, with emphasis on strong logical flow, hard data, and farmer-centric perspectives. You will partner with our CEO and his team to tailor each piece to each donor through a collaborative drafting process, with a high bar for quality, detail orientation, creativity, and responsiveness.
- Manage complex projects. You will own all stages of each writing project. You will establish and manage work plans, coordinate input from multiple stakeholders (including building budgets in close collaboration with our finance department, gathering data & context from field teams, and occasionally reaching out directly to donors), and ensure error-free work, typically for 2-3 overlapping projects at any one time.
- Invest in program fluency. You will develop and sustain a deep working knowledge of One Acre Fund’s operating context, model, results, and future plans. For individual projects, you will also often conduct additional research into potential donors or specific aspects of our work.
- Provide ad hoc writing/research support to CEO
- Contribute to team-wide writing tools/systems
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8+ years of total professional experience, including 5+ years of relevant experience – either writing/managing complex grants or leading complex field programs in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Can share 2-3 writing samples that demonstrate an ability to draft highly readable prose: clear and concise, structured into a logical flow of ideas, deriving power from simplicity rather than jargon
- Can share 2-3 concrete examples of successfully initiating, managing, and completing major projects in partnership with high-level stakeholders
- Genuine commitment to rural communities. You are passionate about providing opportunities to the hardest-working farmers on the planet.
- Language: English
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Flexible – Ideally New York, Nairobi, Utrecht, or Kigali, but also open to other capital cities (especially where One Acre Fund or Business Development have existing staff/offices)
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
How to Apply
Application link: https://grnh.se/5a6ff6da1us
3 August 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.