Procurement Officer, Latest Procurement Jobs Kenya,
The role is responsible for the sourcing function of all the banks departmental needs. This includes planning, supply market research/sourcing, vendor selection, contracting and relationship management for the bank. The job holder is required to have a good understanding of the supply market and is an advisor to the business on the same, the job holder is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
- Provide support in sourcing strategy development, supply base rationalization and implementation
- Perform / support contract analysis and risk evaluation; cost reduction; pricing analysis; and target price evaluation/negotiation for the bank
- Negotiate and facilitate implementation of long-term agreements and / or partnerships within the category
- Maintain knowledge database of supplier’s markets, sub-categories, capabilities, technology, cost analysis and key performance indicators within the bank
- Develop and fully implement long term supply agreements for key strategic high value items and services for the bank
- Develop, Implement and Maintain procurement Plans for the category of purchasing
- Develop and fully implement supplier catalogues/pricelists within the ERP system
- Drive category Management within supply chain with emphasis on category buying
- Ensure harmonization of prices of goods and services procured by the entities from various suppliers at different times.
- Develop and implement cost reduction targets in liaison with budget holders and suppliers
- Monitor the performance of supplier to ensure they deliver quality goods & services as per contract/Purchase Order.
- Enforce supplier Payment Terms that are, cost favorable to the company
- Use category strategies to drive cost management
- Drive Total cost of ownership approach to price evaluations
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Develop Purchasing SLA with all Internal & External stakeholder
- Evaluate suppliers to ensure consistently high performance and value-addition
- Manage all tender documentations/processes.
- Ensure contract renewal/tendering processes is started at least 3 months before expiry of the current one.
- Manage the bank’s budget –monitor expenditure against approved budget for the bank
- Lead, develop and motivate staff to ensure that set objectives are met and exceeded in line with senior management and customer expectations on goals achievement and service delivery
- Business Agility, Business Decisions
- Bachelor of Commerce (BComm): Strategic Supply Management
How to Apply
Apply for the job here.
Closing date: 3 June 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.