Assistant Official Receiver Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
Grade: BRS 5
Reporting to: the Official Receiver.
This is the entry grade for this cadre.
- verifying new petitions lodged before payment;
- files before registration;
- responding to all correspondence assigned;
- advising clients on petition requirements and compliance requirements under the Insolvency Act and any requirement under any incidental Act;
- mediating disputes;
- performing legal advisory and research and handling complaints;
- holding creditors meetings; perusal and approval of the debtors scheme of arrangement and or proposal;
- prepare and submit legal and advisory opinions; tracing assets of the debtor and companies in liquidation,
- ensuring assets are preserved, valued and insured; ensuring that statements of affairs for both companies and debtors are filed;
- attending court;
- making all necessary applications in court;
- and distribution of assets to creditors.
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Assistant Official Receiver if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Is a member, in good standing, of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to apply
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position where they are most suited.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th October, 2020.
interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form and the detailed job requirements, duties and responsibilities for each position should be downloaded from either of the following websites; www.brs.go.ke, www.publicservice.go.ke or www.amsol.co.ke