Procurement Supervisor Jobs at The Office of the Auditor-General
Grade OAG 6
Job Ref. No CS/SP/01/02/2017
Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the timely and efficient procurement of goods, services and works for the Office.
Procurement Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015.
- Ensure timely and efficient procurement of goods, works and services and observe transparency, fairness and competitiveness in the process.
- Participate in preparation of bidding documents, receipt of tenders and ensure that the bids are in safe custody where applicable.
- Prepare regulatory reports and ensure timely reporting to the relevant authority(s).
- Spearhead supplier prequalification and registration processes and conduct market surveys from time to time.
- Coordinate procurement activities on the e-platform.
- Ensure proper storage of goods received in the stores and proper inventory management
- Coordinate procurement and disposal activities including advertising, opening and evaluation of tender documents.
- Implement various procurement decisions including, preparation of contract documents.
- Maintain and archive tender, procurement documents and records for required period.
- Participate in the preparation of consolidated procurement and disposal plans and ensure adherence to approved Procurement & Disposal Plan.
- Assist the end users in developing quality specifications for goods, services and works.
Requirements for the Procurement Supervisor Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or its recognized and equivalent qualification from a reputable university.
- Diploma in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A member of KISM or a relevant professional body.
- High degree of professional competence and administrative capacity required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of Supply Chain Management programmes.
- Ability to articulate, interpret supply chain goals, policies and programmes and relate them to the supply chain function.
- Practical working knowledge and competence with purchasing management software and/or automated procurement systems is mandatory.
- 5 years relevant working experience.
- Ethical: Understand ethical behaviour and public sector practices. Ensure that own behaviour and behaviour towards others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values and ethical standards of the Office of the Auditor – General.
- Linguistic Analytical: Ability Understands complicated linguistic information, both spoken and written. Produces own documents of high quality.
- Problem Solving: analytical ability Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and efficient manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Speak eloquently and engagingly in meetings, in one-on-one situations as well as in small and large groups. Listen, be receptive to the counterpart and adapt to the situation. Adjust the message to the recipient.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness within the Office.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to communicate back and forth, for the purpose of reaching a joint agreement about differing needs or ideas.
- Planning and organizing: Set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results. Determine priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, track details, data, information and activities to ensure the alignment of work to the organizational goals.
How to Apply
Applications together with a detailed resume, scanned copies of professional and academic Certificates, other testimonials and National Identification card should be submitted to the e – mail address shown against each of the vacancies on or before September 4th, 2017 addressed to:
Office of the Auditor General
P. O. Box 30084-00100
Applications must have daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees from the previous employers. Hard copies will not be accepted. Please quote the job reference number in the application.
- It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents in the applications.
- Applicants should seek clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) and CRB.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.