Office Assistant/Finance Assistant NGO Jobs at the International Health Division
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management.
Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant to support the AIRS 2 project with the International Health Division in Kenya.
The USAID-funded Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2 (AIRS 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodity procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Administration Manager, the Office Assistant / Finance & Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative and logistical support to the PMI AIRS Project Office in Kisumu.
Responsibilities for the Office Assistant/Finance Assistant Job
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Coordinating air travel, taxi and office transport for staff
- Overseeing day-to-day office administrative functions
- Greet, advise, and escort guests.
- Assist in procurement, storing and distribution of office supplies.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Prepare and send pouches to counties as needed.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Office Assistant/Finance Assistant Job
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Procurement, Management, Business, or other relevant field.
- Prior experience in office administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Fluency in English.
- 1 year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.