Clerical Officer Job at Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
TWO (2) POSTS V/NO. 138/2018
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 12,510 – Kshs. 16,080 p.m. DPP 14 (JG ‘F’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- House Allowance: Kshs. 4,500 (Nairobi), Kshs. 3,730 (Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii, Kitale,Malindi),Kshs. 3,000 (Other Former Municipalities), Kshs. 2,700 (Other Areas)
- Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000 p.m.
- Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.a
- Medical Insurance Cover: As covered by the Medical Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
- Car loan: Up to Ksh. 600,000
- Mortgage Scheme: Up to Ksh. 4 Million
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C Plain or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills:-
- Computer skills;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Organisational skills; and
- Problem solving skills.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following qualities:-
- Honesty and integrity;
- Ability to take instructions;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to care for resources;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Ability to work well with teams.
This is the entry and training level to the this cadre. Specifically, duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Drafting simple correspondences to ensure faster communication in response to the operational needs of ODPP;
- Compiling simple statistical records to ensure data required for decision making is readily available;
- Preparing and distributing agenda for meetings as requested , to ensure proper communication of the agenda that enhances meeting preparedness;
- Verifying the draft pension claims to ensure the claim forms are accurately filled, to support efficiency in the management of the pension process;
- Verifying leave information to ensure accuracy in approvals;
- Maintaining stores, records and equipment inventory in accordance with ODPP procedures and regulations;
- Preparing estimates of expenditure for general office services to ensure proper planning in procurement; and
- Keeping invoices, receipts and other records under safe custody;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1. The form may be downloaded from the ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and
Clearance certificate from the following bodies :-
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive posts and previous post, detailed curriculum vitae and clearance certificates during the interviews.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before 7th February, 2018. Women, persons with disability and those from marginalized Communities are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.