Requirements for the Chief Officer Public Administration & ICT Job
- Be a holder of first degree in any of the following areas: Arts, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Strategic Management, Community Development, Political Science, Linguistics, Law or in any other closely related area.
Chief Officer Public Administration & ICT Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement transformative strategies within the Public Administration;
- Enhance Capacity Building in the County Public Service;
- Develop strategies for in-service staff training for skills up-grading;
- Formulate and implement County Policies to manage and improve service delivery in all the Sub-County Administration Units including Enforcement Unit;
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate availability of necessary ICT infrastructure that include Fibre Optic, VIRSAT, WAN, etc;
- Digitize, automate, and maintain equipment for delivery of essential services of the County such as revenue collection, licensing, planning and development, to name a few;
- Coordinate interdepartmental and county ICT services;
- Provision of firefighting service and disaster management;
- Coordinate civic education and public participation; and
- Prepare periodic reports and linkages with the Office of the County Secretary.
How to Apply
General Conditions For All Applicants
- Must be a Kenya citizen;
- Salary and other benefits are as prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC);
- If registered with relevant professional body, attach copy of the registration certificate plus a copy of a letter confirming that you are in good standing;
- The successful applicants shall sign Performance Contracting with the Governor;
- The successful applicant shall be expected to prepare, quarterly performance management appraisal reports to the County Public Service Board, among other entities;
ALL APPLICANTS must attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic Certificates (from Primary to the highest level attained), Professional Certificates, and Curriculum Vitae that includes three referees;
- Certificate of Registration and a letter of Good Standing from a Professional body;
- Documents required per the Chapter Six of Constitution:
- Certificate of Good Conduct (Kenya Police Criminal Investigation Department),
- Tax Clearance Certificate from KRA,
- Credit Reference Bureau Certificate,
- Clearance Certificate from HELB, and
- Registration Form from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
The appointments of County Secretary, all Chief Officers and the Deputy County Attorney are subject to vetting and approval by the Nyandarua County Assembly.
Applicants are at liberty to add any other information to the already submitted application, if any, and those who had not applied are encouraged to do so. Note that closing date has been extended.
Send or hand-deliver your application to the undersigned so as to reach latest at 5:00pm on Tuesday, 17th October, 2017.
Nyandarua County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 701-20303,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.