Fire Services & Disaster Management Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
Nyamira County Public Service Board wishes to recruit compet.ent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
SUPERINTENDING FIRE OFFICER (FIRE SERVICES & DISASTER MANAGEMENT)
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Advising building design teams on requirements for fire prevention and protection;
- Ensuring compliance with fire safety standards;
- Preparing estimates related to fire installations;
- Coordinating of inspections of buildings to assess fire hazards and risks;
- Supervision of installation and maintenance of fire equipment in public buildings, hospitals, conference centers and institutions;
- Coordinating fire investigations and compiling reports;
- Collecting data and processing of tenders;
- Training of technical staff under him/her;
- Any other duties
- For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: –
- Kenyan citizenship;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering or its
- o equivalent from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from John’s Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) OR any other recognized institution;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a busy work environment concerned with disaster or fire prevention;
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) as a graduate engineer; and
- Experience in fire prevention, safety planning and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons willing to apply are requested to submit their applications online via Cpsb.nyamira.go.ke accompanied by a copy of National Identity Card, a detailed C.V, copies of all relevant Certificates and testimonials, copies of clearance certificates from: –
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission – EACC,
- Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA,
- National Police Service Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate),
- Credit Reference
- HELB(Higher Education Loan Board)
to reach the Nyamira County Public Service Board on or before close of business on 9th April, 2021(East African time). No physical applications will be received in the office.
Nyamira County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 434-40500,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.