Environmental Officer Job, Current County Government Jobs,
Nyamira County Public Service Board wishes to recruit compet.ent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Terms of service: Permanent & Pensionable
Job Group: JG ’K’
Salary as per Salaries & Remuneration Commission of Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Promote the integration of environment considering into development policies, plans, program, and projects within the respective sub counties.
- Undertake policy research and analysis to support the integration of environment and natural resources concerns into development plans within the sub county
- Ensure rational utilization and management of environment and natural resources for sustainable development within the sub county
- Coordinate the preparation of the environmental and natural resource reports within the sub county
- Preparation of quality environmental and natural resource report within the sub county
- Examine land use patters to determine their impact on the quality and quantity of natural resources within the sub
- Prepare ad issue the county environment action plan within the sub
- Undertake and coordinate research, investigations and surveys in environmental and
- natural resource within the county.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation environmental issues within the sub county
- Review the environmental impact assessment reports within the sub county
- Promote environmental public awareness and ensure that all the complaint is handled effectively and efficiently within the Sub
- Liaison with various stakeholders on environmental issues within the sub county
- Submit quarterly sub county environment reports to the chief officer environment wildlife and natural resources.
For appointment to this grade an officer must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental studies/Science, Environment management and agro ecosystems, Natural Resource Management from a recognized institution.
- Working experience of 3 years in an Environmental field will be an added advantage
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons willing to apply are requested to submit their applications online via Cpsb.nyamira.go.ke accompanied by a copy of National Identity Card, a detailed C.V, copies of all relevant Certificates and testimonials, copies of clearance certificates from: –
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission – EACC,
- Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA,
- National Police Service Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate),
- Credit Reference
- HELB(Higher Education Loan Board)
to reach the Nyamira County Public Service Board on or before close of business on 9th April, 2021(East African time). No physical applications will be received in the office.
Nyamira County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 434-40500,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.