Current Driver Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
Nyamira County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable Job Group JG ‘E’
Salary as per Salaries & Remuneration Commission of Kenya.
Basic Salary : Kshs. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m.
House Allowance : Kshs 2,700p.m
Commuter Allowance Kshs4,000p.m
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.a
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road
- Safety of the passengers and/or goods therein
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle
For appointment to this grade an officer must have
- Served in the grade of Driver III for a minimum period of three (3) years
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for the class(s) of vehicle(s) the officer is required to drive
- Passed Occupational Trade Test II for Drivers
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Attended a Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons willing to apply are requested to submit their applications online via Cpsb.nyamira.go.ke accompanied by a copy of National Identity Card, a detailed C.V, copies of all relevant Certificates and testimonials, copies of clearance certificates from: –
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission – EACC,
- Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA,
- National Police Service Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate),
- Credit Reference
- HELB(Higher Education Loan Board)
to reach the Nyamira County Public Service Board on or before close of business on 9th April, 2021(East African time). No physical applications will be received in the office.
Nyamira County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 434-40500,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.