Communication Assistant Jobs at Nyamira County
Communication Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Get County to be featured on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with media reps.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events
Qualifications for the Communication Assistant Job
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
- Membership in IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) and IABC accreditation are desirable.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Nyamira County Public Service Board
Box 434, 40500
Or hand delivered to the Board Offices located at MEA COMPLEX adjacent to Kenya Women.
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 28th November 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.
Download the JOB APPLICATION FORM from the County Website fill and attach with your applications.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.