Commercial Manager Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya
POSITION: COMMERCIAL MANAGER
JOB REF.: NYAHUWASCO/COM/001/2022
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: CONTRACT
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company Ltd, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Laikipia and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Laikipia County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Commercial Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of commercial function including formulation, periodic review and implementation of the strategy for service delivery and revenue generation is and ensure effective implementation. The position ensures effective billing and delivery of services to all customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop long-term business strategies and operating plans for the department which are in line with the longer-term goals and priorities of the company
- Ensure provision of timely and high-quality client services that meets or exceed their expectations
- Develop and implement systems for positive customer relations management
- Manage and supervise commercial aspects of the Company’s operations, particularly as they relate to revenue generation
- Promote new ideas and business solutions that result in extended service to the existing and new clients
- Ensure the provision of comprehensive commercial information systems, including up-to-date customer database, to achieve the overall Company revenue objectives
- Ensuring timely, complete and accurate reading and billing of services and subsequent collection
- Carrying out customer surveys and proposing improvements arising from feedback received
- Develop departmental policies, procedures, actions plans and budgets in line with overall company mission and objectives
- Oversee performance management in the department
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department
- Prepare board/management papers for approval
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff
- Develop department budget and work plan
- Mentor and coach department staff
- Identify procurement needs of the department
- Responsible for physical assets assigned to the department by the company
- Performing related work as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Economics, Strategic Management or any other Business or finance related field from a recognized institution
- CPA (K), ACCA or any other relevant professional qualification.
- Member of a professional body in good standing.
- At least 5 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Master’s degree in business related field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet use.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Must satisfy and the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity through provision of; –
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- A clean and current report or clearance certificate from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 Years renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application package sin sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to:
Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
Hekima Building, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O. Box 952-20300
Applications may also be sent by email to [email protected] before the expiry of the closing date with the Vacancy Number as the email subject.
- The Vacancy number should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in anyway will lead to automatic disqualification
15th July 2022 – 17.00 HRs