Nutritionists Job, Current Nutrition Jobs,
Position: Nutritionists – KUTRRH/GATHA/NUTR/007
Nbr of posts: 3 POSTS
At Gatundu Level 5 Hospital, an Annex of Kenyatta University Teaching Referral and Research Hospital, we seek to engage qualified staff for the positions listed below. Applicants must demonstrate diligence, commitment and a positive attitude.
The Nutritionists’ job exists to provide nutritional and dietetics care and services to patients, educate the public on the same, provide clinical research and training and advise the hospital and public on the same.
- Receive and review patients’ medical history and records in order to understand their medical conditions better in the
- Diagnose causes of nutrition and diet-related ailments in consultation with other medical specialists and then determine the appropriate treatment plan for patients in the
- Implement guidelines on therapeutic diets for existing and emerging diseases for hospital use and home-based care and other institutions in the
- Implement nutrition and dietetic processes including screening, assessing, formatting and implementing nutrition interventions and evaluating outcomes in the
- Provide therapeutic nutrition support in disease management to patients in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the
- Conduct nutritional health education and demonstration to create awareness of nutrition issues among patients and public in the hospital or in outreach
- Assess and review nutrition of referred cases from other and medical units and health facilities to the hospital.
- Treat and counsel patients using specialized dietetic nutritionally modified products in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the
- Carry out and implement research projects in collaboration with other medical specialists in order to improve nutrition services and patient care in the
- Provide clinical research and training to students in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the hospital
- Mentor and guide junior medical staff, interns and students in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the hospital.
- Ensure quality appropriate delivery of clinical referral research and training activities at the hospital and advise the board on the same.
- Diploma or a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics from a recognized
- Registration with Kenya Nutritionists & Dietetics
- Proficiency in computer
- Knowledge of relevant
- Knowledge of professional
- Proven track record of research and training in a reputable
- At least two years working experience as a Nutritionist in a reputable health
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 1st December 2020. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official email/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.