Nutrition Officer Job, Current Nutrition Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Nutrition officer
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: AICHM KAKUMA
AIC Health Ministries invites applications from experienced persons to fill the position Nutrition officer.
The Health and Nutrition Officer will be responsible to activities related to nutrition, preventive health and promote positive behaviour change in the area of good health, nutrition and dietary practices for the community in Kakuma Nasinyono.
- Provide support in nutrition activities including screening and growth monitoring .
- Create awareness on the importance of good nutrition practices on children and family health
- Provide technical input on nutrition/health and hygiene training content
- Assess dietary practices and needs within the camps
- Identify and train community health workers/promoters to support project activities
- Collaborate with the program staff to ensure optimal use of health and hygiene practices
- Support the design sensitization campaigns that promote good nutrition
- Train community health workers/promoters, and target beneficiaries on the use of good nutrition and health practices
- Follow up on nutrition programs and prepare reports for donors and stakeholders.
- Participate in activity verification and monitoring (stock and program quality) at supported facilities to ensure smooth, high-quality program implementation
- Prepare weekly and monthly workplans
- Participate in conducting situational analysis and other M&E activities.
- Collect and compile project data regularly, including case studies, success stories and photographs of facilities.
- Provide regular updates on inventory of medical and non-medical items supported by the project (information / data collected through monitoring visits)
- Ensure diagnosis and treatment of malnourished patients is based on standard procedures (national and international guidelines)
- Ensure the community based activities such as nutrition screening, health education,EPI and defaulter tracing are done properly
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- A Degree or equivalent in Nutrition or Public Health.
- Four (4) years working experience in running nutrition and health interventions
- Experience with project planning and grant management (multiple donors)
- Previous experience with managing nutrition programming (TSFP, OTP) is strongly recommended
- Skilled in, and committed to, community participation/interaction.
- Proven commitment to humanitarian and accountability principals and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems.
How to apply
Applicants should include a cover letter, detailed CV detailing work history and current responsibilities, salary history, educational certificates, and three references. Only individuals who meet the above-mentioned qualifications should apply.
Please send your application to:
The Executive Director,
AIC Health Ministries,
NOT later than 10th November 2020. Applications can also be sent through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org