Nutrition & Dietetic Technologist Job, Latest Nutrition Jobs in Kenya 2020,
NUTRITION AND DIETETIC TECHNOLOGIST III – FIVE (5) POSTS (CSG 12)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science subjects;
- a Diploma in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized institution; and
- registered by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- implementing nutrition programmes;
- providing nutrition services in health care facilities;
- conducting nutrition assessments;
- collecting and compiling nutrition data;
- providing nutrition health education and demonstrations;
- counselling of patients with specific nutritional needs;
- monitoring preparation of therapeutic feeds;
- implementing outpatient and inpatient supplementary and therapeutic feeding programmes;
- promoting maternal, infant and young children feeding programmes; and
- providing micronutrient supplementation.
How To Apply
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjuction with the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (Directorate of Health Services) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions on three (3) months contract based on identified needs.
Terms of Service: Three (3) months contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated)
Medical Officers – Ksh.100,000 p.m.
Other Professionals Degrees – Ksh.70,000 p.m.
Diploma Holders – Ksh.50,000 p.m.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke so as to reach the Commission on or before 13th July 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time)