AUDIT OFFICER II – SYSTEMS (GRADE NTSA 8) – REF: NTSA/03/2022/05
Reporting to the Principal Audit Officer – Systems, the job holder will be responsible for development and implementation of the annual Information Systems audit plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the annual Information Systems audit plan;
- Execute Information systems audit reviews based on the annual Information Systems Audit plan;
- Conducting general ICT reviews, audits of computer systems and technical environments;
- Analyzing data for the adequacy and effectiveness of system integrity, accuracy, security and control;
- Carry out compliance audits for information systems management procedures and ensure departmental compliance to the established control framework;
- Prepare and develop detailed audit programmes for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit scope,
- objectives and audit methodology;
- Carry out routine information systems audit investigations on areas identified by Management; and
- Conduct data extractions, analysis, and security reviews utilizing various computer assisted audit tools (CAAT).
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/Computer Engineering;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualifications or other designation; other qualifications e.g. CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CEH;
- Computer proficiency; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Candidates must therefore, obtain and submit the following documents together with their applications:
- Clearance Certificate from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CVs with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office Reception, 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Ground floor, 2nd Ngong Avenue, or posted to;
The Director General,
National Transport and Safety Authority,
316 Upper Hill Chambers, 2nd Ngong Avenue,
P.O. Box 3602-00506,
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday 12th April, 2022.