SECURITY OFFICER I (GRADE NTSA 7) – REF: NTSA/03/2022/04
Reporting to the Security Manager, the job holder will also be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and leading security activities within the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of security strategies, policies and standards;
- Ensure implementation of adequate security and safety measures at all Authority’s facilities in accordance with risk assessments, Policies and Procedures;
- Assist in coordinating security activities to safeguard Authority’s assets, employees, clients, or others at Authority’s premises;
- Support in undertaking Security Risk Assessments and coming up with mitigating measures;
- Support in conducting investigations and intelligence gathering;
- Respond to emergencies, fire alarms or intrusion alarms through the established emergency response protocols;
- Supervise staff under him/her and ensure that proper discipline is maintained in the security service;
- Liaise with relevant security agencies to ensure security of authority’s assets and business operations; and
- Manage hired security guards deployed at the Authority’s premises/facilities
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, History, Philosophy, Anthropology or related field) from a recognized university;
- Attended Approved Security Course at Administration Police Training College (A.P.T.C) Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D.) Training School, Police Training College, Military Training Institute or other similar institutions;
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience in the Public/Private Sector;
- Computer proficiency;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Candidates must therefore, obtain and submit the following documents together with their applications:
- Clearance Certificate from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CVs with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office Reception, 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Ground floor, 2nd Ngong Avenue, or posted to;
The Director General,
National Transport and Safety Authority,
316 Upper Hill Chambers, 2nd Ngong Avenue,
P.O. Box 3602-00506,
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday 12th April, 2022.