HR Officer Job at NTSA
Reporting to a Senior Human Resource Officer in charge of a HR function, the job holder will provide HR support services and assist in providing specialist advisory to staff and management in recruitment and selection, training and development, staff induction, discipline, leave management, welfare matters and other HR services while ensuring that all functional records are well maintained.
Key Duties for the HR Officer Job
- Participate in recruitment and selection of staff which will involve preparation of job adverts, shortlisting of prospective candidates for interviews and take part in interviews as per the recruitment policy;
- Assist in co-ordination of organization’s training and development activities;
- Assist in implementation of various talent management activities to support the achievement of the strategic plan;
- Train managers to effectively utilize the Performance & Learning tools ;
- Review the data inputted into the HR information system and ensure it is accurately updated;
- Manage, develop, mentor and coach the HR Assistant to ensure optimal performance;
- Provide support in management of staff welfare and benefits requirements in the Authority;
- Support in administration of staff welfare and benefits records;
- Continuous preparation and review of staff bio-data;
- Provide advice to management and staff on a broad range of employee issues including general HR issues, policy interpretation, work conditions, employee development and performance management;
- Support in resolution of employee grievances and complaints as per the HR policy;
- Conduct exit interviews to ensure proper information is captured, recorded, and is available for analysis;
- Assist in the interpretation of labour laws and NTSA human resources policies, rules and regulations; and
- Manage, develop, mentor and coach the HR Assistants to ensure optimal performance.
HR Officer Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or in a related Social Science field from a recognized institution and a Diploma in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, or a related field from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Human Resource Officer III or in a comparable and relevant position preferably within the public sector;
- Certificate in computer applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms- Excel, Ms-Access and Internet) from a recognized institution; and
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, current Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission so as to reach us on or before 28th April, 2017 and addressed to:
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
NTSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.