Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
The position holder will support the implementation of CBM supported Neglected Tropical Disease programmes (NTD) in the Region AFES, with South Sudan as biggest programme where a consortium project is supporting the Ministry of Health. The role will provide leadership and coordination to the consortium members, and maintain a close working relationship with the Grant Manager.
The role also requires the technical management of a small programme team and close collaboration with the CBM Programme Delivery team involving finance, HR and admin functions. Strong and trusted working relationships will be maintained with the Ministry of Health NTD team and appropriate technical and programmatic advice provided.
· Set up and maintain systems for the efficient management of the CBM team ensuring efficient delegation of responsibilities and effective collaboration between programme staff in South Sudan (NTD Technical Coordinator, M&E Officer, Trachoma Project Manager and MMDP consultant advisor).
· Provide clear communication channels with the MoH, with regular planning and review meetings, to maintain a close, supportive relationship.
· Lead the coordination and collaboration with project consortium members to ensure effective implementation.
· Respond quickly with accurate information, to all communications and requests from the Grant Manager and implementing partner
· Attend (or delegate attendance at) all meetings ensuring CBM plays a leading role in the national NTD Stakeholders Forum and other fora (e.g. Supply chain, WASH, MMDP).
· Provide guidance to the national NTD programme on the design and implementation of MEAL systems, in line with donor and WHO and other standards;
· Provide guidance to the National Programme on the application of WHO, ICTC and other policies/guidance notes – including ways of working during the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Provide support to strengthen the National NTD Programme’s data management systems and ensure CBM’s data management requirements are met.
· Coordinate and ensure accurate and timely reporting for the South Sudan NTD programmes
· Contribute to defining CBM’s strategy in the region, identify opportunities for new NTD programmes – particularly for comprehensive NTD programmes – and support the design and development of winning proposals.
· Work in an integrated way the CBM Program Delivery team in the region, to ensure the NTD programmes follow the necessary internal planning, approval and reporting systems (programmes and finance)
· Support the Regional Hub Office in the development and implementation of NTD programmes in CBM’s other operational countries (Ethiopia, Burundi, Zambia)
· Manage the NTD Programme Finance Officer responsible for NTD programme systems and operations functions
· Lead programme risks assessment and mitigation plans, assure compliance with COVID-19 risk reduction strategies.
· Oversee the Mectizan drugs donations and assure the acknowledgement receipts are timely submitting to the CBM NTD Finance Officer.
· Identify potential opportunities for conducting operational research within CBMs NTD work, linking with suitable academic institutions
· Participate at conferences and workshops to maintain and build CBM’s technical capacity and its visibility and reputation.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
· Degree in Community Development, Social Science, Public Health, Tropical Medicine or equivalent knowledge gained through working expertise
· At least 5 years proven work experience in Public Health and preferably NTD programmes, and of collaboration with Ministries of Health
· Sound experience and knowledge of project cycle management including program design, programme management and M&E systems
· Experience of working in a consortium, preferably with experience of managing consortium partners
· Good budget and monitoring skills with experience of implementing projects and managing budgets on large institutional funded programmes
· Sound understanding of international trends and standards in trachoma, onchocerciasis and other NTD work
· Strong understanding of the key organisations involved in global NTD work including NTD networks
· Experience of working in insecure environments
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter