Substitute Teachers Job, Latest Teaching Jobs,
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Substitute Teachers to teach in our Athi River Primary Campus. This is a temporary role opening (2- 4 weeks teacher coverage) where applications will be reviewed on a rolling/ continuous basis. This is an exciting opportunity for dynamic teachers to play a role in delivering an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Teach and deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based lessons that align with the Kenya curriculum requirements.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep records/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and relevant Degree in Education/ P1 Diploma/ Certificate
- 2+ years of teaching experience.
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other Resident teachers and Deans.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are excited about our organizational culture and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply
Apply for the job here
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, please attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.