Science/Tech Teacher Job, Kenya Teacher Jobs 2022,
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Science/ Tech Teacher for our Athi River Campus. This opportunity applies to teachers who have 3-5 years teaching experience. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
- Teach and deliver exceptional, real world, hands-on and enquiry-based Science and Technology lessons that align with the Kenya curriculum requirements.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Develop lesson plans and partner with the Academic Team in reviewing and updating lessons when required/desired.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students both in academic and cultural expectations.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of content and academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology in lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide effective student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior and model expected behaviour at all times for students to emulate
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization
- Serve as teacher on duty and support school programs and activities.
- Capture students data on academic outcomes timeously and articulate students progress to NP families and other stakeholders when called upon.
- Serve as a homeroom teacher when called upon.
- TSC certification and a relevant Degree in Education such as Bed Science, P1 Diploma specialised in Science and with an ICT certification.
- Additional qualification in the field of Information, Communication and Technology (Certificate, Diploma, Higher Diploma, etc) is preferable.
- Strictly 3-5 years teaching experience in Science and Technology.
- Ability to teach coding is highly desirable.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are a curious, lifelong learner with a passion for discovery and exploration.
- You are highly detail-oriented and analytical.
- You possess a deep passion for nature, science and technology, and effortlessly inspire this passion in your students.
- You are excited about our organizational culture – and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here Now!
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.