Computer Studies Apprentice Teacher Job, Teaching Kenyan Jobs,
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Computer Studies apprentice teacher who will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century education. This is an exciting learning opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that are developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life.
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Teaching Computer Studies.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students, and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons and so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behaviour.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and relevant Bachelors of Education Degree in Teaching.
- Strictly 1 – 2 years of teaching experience in the subject of Computer Studies.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leadership team
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a fire-hose of feedback.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for the job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.