IRE Teacher Job, Current Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar IRE (Islamic Religious Education) Teacher to teach at our Tatu Primary Campus. This is a part-time role.
You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our Islamic learners. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal through line manager(s) and other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Instruct learners individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet learners’ varying needs and interests.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among learners.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide learners in learning from those activities.
- Attended professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Participate in character building and behaviour management.
Role-specific responsibilities for an Islamic Religious Education Specialist include:
- Deliver IRE Lessons under the Nova Pioneer Instructional Model in line with CBC and/or 8-4-4 requirements, based on level.
- Oversee and coordinate IRE activities and projects in the school programme.
- Prepare Schemes of Work and design plans for IRE lessons.
- Set relevant themes for school IRE activities and programmes.
- Organise IRE events in and outside school.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a TSC certificate.
- A relevant degree in Education/ P1 Diploma/ P1 Certificate.
- You have 1-2+ years teaching experience.
- You have good working skills with technology such as Zoom, Google Suites (Gmail, Google Slides), Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organisational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth.
How to Apply
Apply for the job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.