Associate Dean Job, Kenya Jobs 2022,
We are looking for a rockstar with outstanding instructional leadership to serve as an Associate Dean of Instruction and Learning at our Tatu Girls School Campus. This is an opportunity to develop our teachers and students into leaders and innovators on our continent.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
You will be responsible for supporting instructional leadership and teacher development through coaching at our school campuses. This is an opportunity to help create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
- Teaching 6-12 lessons as per your subject of expertise.
- Liaise with the Dean of Instruction and Learning and coordinate the registration of candidates for KCSE. Including document collection and the KNEC Portal set-up.
- Work with the Principal to articulate a compelling short- and long-term vision for the development of the school’s academic culture and programs.
- Contribute to the school termly action plan and execute on the academic portion of the action plan.
- Set and model a consistent tone of highest expectations, joy, and growth mindset
- Lead key school rituals as needed to model and ingrain culture
- Quickly identify and respond to classroom/school culture on behavior issues
- Lead instructional sessions for parents such as during Open Days and Academic days.
- Follow up with the Learning Design team on teachers’ feedback on lesson plans.
- Coordinate with the academic support team on availability of learning materials and teaching resources.
Supporting the Dean of Instruction and Learning:
- Serve as hiring manager for all instructional staff hires
- Coach teachers through extensive classroom observation and feedback
- Weekly Update Observation and Feedback tracker and use the data to effectively coach teacher on the sequence of action steps
- Supervise all professional development routines and activities across the school
- Facilitate collaboration among teachers within/across grade levels and subject areas
- Collect, analyze, share and interpret internal and external school assessment data and ensure that data is used strategically to improve student academic performance and run teacher data circles.
- Oversee planning, execution and analysis of intervention programs targeted at needs of diverse academic subgroups, whether remedial or academic enrichment
- Partner with the Dean of Instruction and Learning to run all academic systems and structures including but not limited to Ed Admin, Timetabling, Booster Lessons
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and you are TSC certified
- A Masters in education/education management is desirable
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a rigorous, high-expectations school setting including at least one instructional leadership role (e.g., department chair, grade level lead, teacher coach, etc.)
- You are widely recognized as a highly effective teacher and can model what great, inquiry-based teaching looks like
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching and build uncommonly strong relationships
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious
- You are driven by data and know how to use data from student assessments to strengthen and differentiate student learning
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback
- You have a desire to further develop your learning design skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
How to Apply
Apply for the job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.