Tech Educator Job at Nova Academies
Nova Pioneer Academies is looking for dynamic Tech Educator to empower students with technological skills using enhance learning methods. This is an opportunity to help create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
In 2014 we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. This year we will be operating six schools—two in Nairobi and four in Johannesburg—and gearing up for rapid growth, initially across East and Southern Africa and eventually across West Africa as well.
Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 ss and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision.
The core elements of our culture include:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
- As a Tech Educator you will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience using technology to solve real world problems under the 8.4.4 curriculum combined with the best international delivery methods. This is an opportunity to be the technological force behind the creation of a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake
Roles for the Tech Educator Job
- Help to design a world class computer studies programme that will be used in Nova Pioneer schools across the region.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Be a founding member of the team that will develop the instructional model that we will use in our first school in Kenya in January 2016 and then in schools throughout the region.
- Ensure that technology is being used effectively and innovatively throughout the school
- Integrate interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery
- Maintain professional competence in instructional techniques and in specialized teaching through in-service education activities and self-selected professional growth activities
Tech Educator Job Requirements
- You are energetic and passionate about education.
- You have a world-class understanding of technology, programming, hardware, and software. You have such a strong understanding that you are able to teach others.
- You are able to develop new ways of presenting information that are both exciting yet still accurate. You are creative in the ways that you approach technology.
- You’re not scared of change. You thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve. enough to deal with the changes of plan and unexpected tasks that arise in a founding school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject(s) Engineering, Computer Science etc
- Certificate in teaching or interest in obtaining a certificate in teaching
- You have distinctive experience and interest in technology (e.g., coding) and have used technology in your teaching or have taught about the facets of technology that you already know.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Apply here: http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/1q5Q0k/Technology-Educator
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.