Assistant Lecturer Job, Latest Teaching Jobs Kenya, Current Medical Jobs In Kenya 2022,
North Coast Medical Training College (NCMTC) is a private-not-for profit medical training college located in Kilifi-South. Since 2012, NCMTC is training a wide array of healthcare workers at diploma, certificate and post-basic diploma level. It is known for pioneering competency based and student-centred training approaches in Kenya using modern training facilities and technologies.
In its quest to strengthen the training team for first year students in common units and generally help facilitate learning of health workers, NCMTC is recruiting a Clinical Officer Assistant-Lecturer to join the Common Units Team in organizing, facilitating, and evaluating student learning activities and whose core tasks and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Participate in the training and assessment of learning of first year students including:
- Preparing and uploading lesson plans and related teaching and learning and assessment materials for assigned lessons
- Planning and conducting lectures
- Planning and conducting tutorials
- Planning and conducting Skills lab sessions
- Assessing student performance
- Mentor, guide and advice students in their learning and development of professional behaviour
- Generally, participate in any other activities related to planning, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning for first year certificate and diploma students in the college.
- Contribute to other activities related to clinical medicine services and training of senior clinical medicine students
- Participate in research with guidance of senior lecturers.
- Guide and support mentors, tutors, interns, student facilitators and other junior staff supporting the learning of students.
- Competent professional with technical skills and up to date knowledge to train students in fields related clinical medicine, specifically human biological sciences
- Good team player
- Interested in the development and support of young adults
- Good oral English and Kiswahili and excellent written English language skills
- Competent oral and verbal communicator while working with individuals and teams
- Excellent computer skills with good mastery of MS office applications
- A Higher diploma or bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine
- 2 years’ experience in providing health care services
- Registered and in good standing with the Clinical Officers Council
- Teaching experience
- Certificate in health professions / medical education, or education in general
- Experience with mentoring adolescents
- Experience with e-learning
How to Apply
Interested candidates to apply to [email protected] Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be 10th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.