Non- Revenue Water Officer Jobs, Water Engineering Jobs, Civil Engineering Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Gusii Water and Sanitation Company Jobs
Reports To: The Managing Director
Directs Reports: PNRW Assistant
Three Years Contract
Reporting to the Technical Manager NRW Officer is responsible for all NRW activities.
- Put up a comprehensive NRW unit
- Schedule patrols of pipelines and service lines at least one complete cycle per month to unearth illegal water connections and concealed leaks and pipe bursts.
- Ensure that all water meters in the area are timely serviced and replaced (calibrating).
- Schedule and carryout gauging of routes to determine water loss. At least 3 routes per month should be gauged.
- Maintenance of A.V’s, S.V’s, washouts and tanks as per the work plan provided by the operations manager.
- Supervise installation, servicing and replacement of all meters.
- Ensure that illegal water abstraction do not occur and those that have occurred are rectified in a timely and economical manner.
- Supervise the disconnection of customers who have defaulted in payment and prompt reconnection of customers on payment of their bills.
- Ensure that all cases of fraud, wrong billing, guessed meter reading, illegal flat rate billing etc are reported to Headquarter and dealt with promptly.
- Curbing illegal connections
- Increasing customer base
- Ensure that all meters are installed in easily accessible places to facilitate meter reading and also avoid unnecessary cost of excavation.
- Terminating illegal connections.
- Loading penalties/fines on illegal consumers of water.
- Attending to customer complaints and testing of meters on receipt of complaints from customers.
- Identify and repair of leakages and pipe bursts.
- Installing and reading of master meters.
- Record all the operations and prepare the necessary reports
- Supervise, train and motivate staff in this section to ensure improvement of professional skills
- Bsc in water engineering, civil engineering with at least +3 years’ experience in the Water Service Provision
- Experiences in Project Management, NRW Management with commercial entities will be a definite advantage.
- Proven people management experience is essential for the position
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 9th May, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to:
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
P.O. Box 3380 -40200,
Email: [email protected]
GWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.