Production Supervisor Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They are seeking to hire an experienced Production Supervisor – Plastics (Night) who will be reporting to the Manager.
S/He will oversee the night operations and offer support in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, cost, equipment and engagement. They will also be responsible for the set-up of materials, equipment, machine operation and packaging of WIP and finished goods for delivery to the stores.
Title: Production Supervisor – Plastics (Nightshift)
Gross Salary: 40k – 70k
- Interpret specifications and job orders and assign duties based upon work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Monitor production output to ensure maximum productivity through the achievements of production targets
- Raise Material requisition based on product planned.
- Recommend measures to improve safety, quality of product, production methods, and equipment performance.
- Monitoring the post handling of products to ensure conformity to standards.
- Maintaining safe and clean work environment by training staff on proper use of equipment.
- Ensure required overall equipment efficiency levels are maintained by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques and giving timely feedback to the maintenance team
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data
- Manage safety by addressing both physical and employee behavioral related safety issues to ensure minimum unsafe incidents at workplace and compliance with legislation and ensuring staff are in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Train and up skill the production teams in the night shift to ensure highly skilled and trained staff in line with business needs.
- Maintain time and production records and accurately complete all reports as required by the Company.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Process or Plastics Moulding Engineering.
- Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years minimum experience in Production or Technical department in Plastic Manufacturing Industry with 2 years in a shift supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of ISO Systems, Kaizen, Quality Systems and standard health and safety
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Knowledge of plastics injection molding machine operations, basics of mold design and utilities
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge in TPM – Total Productive Maintenance
- Ability to motivate, constructively criticize and build high production teams through exemplary leadership.
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload with a focus on urgent and important.
- Excellent Analytical and record management skills
- A Problem solver
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- Ownership and continuous Improvement
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Assertive, aggressive, and proactive
- Planning, presentation, interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.