Description of Unit/Department:
The Finance department is responsible for ensuring a sound management of the financial resources entrusted with the Somalia country office and to ensure that there are effective procedures in place to facilitate internal controls and accountability of funds to all stakeholders including the local partners (DHBs).
The Finance function is crucial and vital for successful implementation of program activities and attainment of overall Trocaire program purpose and goal.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Finance and Administration Assistant has overall responsibility for ensuring that support activities at the Nairobi and field offices are conducted with efficiency, within budget parameters and in accordance with Trocaire Somalia Programme policies and procedures.
He/she works in close collaboration with the Zonal Coordinators, Nairobi Finance and administration staff, Program Support Manager and the Programme support staff both in Nairobi and Somalia to achieve the strategic and operational goals of the Program.
Finance and Administration Manager – with daily coordination with Finance and Administration Officer, Nairobi and Zonal coordinators
Finance & Administration Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Assist reviewing monthly field documents/requisitions, ensuring they are properly supported, approved and filed
- Ensuring that payment requests are in line with the finance procedures and that the procedures are used to guide the financial operations in the office.
- Follow up and ensure that funds for all approved monthly requisitions and other payments are transferred to the field before the 10th of every month.
- Follow up for confirmation of funds transferred to the field stations ensuring such confirmations are filed together with the payment vouchers.
- Assist in monthly petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Assist the Finance team in the preparation of monthly financial reports as may be assigned
- Assist in facilitating funds transfer to field stations based on approved requisitions prepared from field and approved by the Country Director.
- Assist with retrieving information and documents to support the internal and external audit processes as per auditors’ requests.
- Assist in checking that all Gedo staff payrolls received from the field have been fully signed by all staff before filing.
- Maintain a log for all DHB and Trocaire staff timesheet submitted and follow up on a monthly basis the staff who have not submitted
- Ensure proper filing of financial documents, data and other correspondence for future audits and reviews, ensuring security and confidentiality of the documents in line with organization policy and donor requirements
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are stamped “PAID” before filing to avoid any audit queries.
- Any other task that, in the opinion of the line manager is consistent with the role
- Ensuring proper filing of all the contracts and agreements, monitoring status on a quarterly basis; keep log of all payments done/due for all the contractual obligations kept in Nairobi;
- Degree in finance related field and/ or CPA Section 2
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
- Computer literate with experience in Excel accounting packages
- Organised and efficient worker
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to prepare concise, informative financial reports
- Strong organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities within a time-pressured environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good professional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the Somali language and Environment is an added advantage
How to Apply
Apply here for the Finance & Administration Assistant Jobs