Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
For 50 years, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has been working overseas to ensure that women, men and young people in some of the world’s most neglected areas have access to the health care they need to control their bodies and their futures. Planned Parenthood Global, the international division of PPFA, believes that all women should have access to reproductive health care, no matter where they live. By partnering with local advocates, medical service providers, and youth leaders, and helping to build sustainable networks and organizations, we find innovative ways to deliver critical services and fight for more inclusive laws and policies.**
Planned Parenthood Global, Africa Regional Office in Nairobi (PPG) seeks a strategic and proactive communicator to be the Director of Communication**.** This job reports to the Africa Regional Director of Planned Parenthood Global, a part of PPFA.
This position will be responsible for designing and overseeing the overall communications strategy for Planned Parenthood Global’s work in Africa. Key objective for this role include: raising the profile of PP Global’s work and its impact in Africa; providing strategic communications counsel to African partners to support organizational and programmatic objectives; leveraging media and communications to drive improvements in public debate on sexual and reproductive health and rights in our focus countries; and managing response to urgent communications issues as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This position will:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):-
● 8-10 years of experience in strategic communications, preferably with experience in sexual and reproductive health or related issues
● Demonstrated ability to drive media engagement around complex issues.
● Excellent writing skills for a broad range of platforms.
● Experience adapting messages to diverse audiences required.
● Excellent project management skills and a commitment to facilitation and collaboration
● Professional English fluency required; professional French language proficiency preferred.
● Knowledge of diverse groups and the ability to work with a multicultural workforce is required.
● Expertise in African media landscape and proven ability to cultivate strong and lasting relationships with communications outlets and other key stakeholders.
● An ability to quickly triage competing interests such that those which are most important are given the direct attention of the team. The knowledge to determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently and the ability to make it so.
● A team player with exceptional communication skills along with interpersonal savvy as well as the ability to respond to regional needs.
● High degree of fluency in communications strategies to move public debate, increase public support on SRHR, and combat stigma and other tactics to undermine reproductive rights and access.
● Gravitas paired with professional integrity to effectively represent and promote Planned Parenthood Global at the highest levels.
● Proactive, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills. Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
● A sense of urgency necessary to drive change within an organization paired with the patience to understand that not all demands are equal. Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, often in a fast-paced environment.
● Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required
Education: Advanced Degree in communication, mass media or other related Social Sciences. Strong background in reproductive health services and rights issues is strongly preferred.
Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 20%)
Planned Parenthood Global participates in the E-Verify program. Planned Parenthood Global is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. As an organization, we do not charge any fee throughout our recruitment process
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter