News & Current Affairs Editor Job, Current Communication Jobs,
Job Title: News & Current Affairs Editor, Digital
Reporting to: Managing Editor Digital
Be the eyes and ears of the Standard newsroom by scanning the environment for breaking news and potential story leads, and converting them into digital-first content in formats that can be consumed easily by audiences.
- Ensure the publishing of breaking news on web and SMS.
- Guide and coordinate with journalists, reporters and correspondents for content that goes on web first;
- Monitor local and international news feeds, social media accounts for brands, news personalities and non-traditional sources for breaking news and story leads;
- Gate keep content to ensure news clarity and appeal, required length, without leaving out facts, misreporting or removing any salient points;
- Provide updates for breaking/developing news to keep audiences well informed;
- Manage and coordinate team of digital-first writers and sub editors;
- Track audience behavior using analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communication from a recognized university
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a newsroom environment.
- Writing and editing experience.
- Understands how the web and social media works;
- Conversant with social media tracking tools;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good editing; interviewing; research and fact-checking skills;
- Nose for news;
- Problem solver.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, apply through the following links:
For News & Current Affairs Digital Editor go to https://jobs.standardmedia.co.ke/job/2433
The deadline for applications is 15/12/2020.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.