Senior Communication and Knowledge Management Officer NCIC
The National Cohesion and Integration Commission was established to facilitate and promote equality of opportunity, good relations, harmony and peaceful co-existence between persons of different ethnic and racial communities of Kenya and to advise the Government on all aspects thereof.
The Senior Communication and Knowledge Management officer will be responsible for the management of internal and external communication and implementation of the Commission’s Communication and Knowledge Management strategies with a view of enhancing the Commission’s visibility.
Senior Communication and Knowledge Management Officer Job Responsibilities
- Development of the Communication and Knowledge Management policies, work plans, budgets and procedures necessary in informing the direction of the departmental programs.
- Plan and execute strategies, communication plans to proactively communicate the vision, goals and mandate of NCIC
- Implementation of all outreach and awareness activities including County government visits designed for informing stakeholders on the mandate of the Commission in promoting inter-ethnic harmony.
- Manage the implementation of the NCIC brand for quality control and assurance for all internal and external communication e.g reports, information, education and communication material, press releases etc.
- Manage media relations with an aim of maximizing opportunities for positive and relevant exposure for the Commission.
- Contribute to the dissemination of relevant information to various publications through the NCIC website and social media platforms as well as the conventional media.
- Manage and allocate work to staff within the role’s purview to includes assignment of tasks, capacity building and performance appraisal.
- Edit publications, develop annual and special reports (e.g. election monitoring and other emerging areas) and ensure quality control.
- Support in the development of information, education and communication materials to meet the needs of various audience and advice on the distribution of the same.
- Carry out synthesis of technical reports and advisory opinions to produce simplified content for public consumption.
- Draft press statements and media invites to ensure coverage of the Commission’s events.
- Design and edit advertisements as per the brand manual.
- Monitor and evaluate the Commission’s Communication and Knowledge management programs in line with approved budgets and workplans.
- Liaise with other sections and departments to support the communication needs of multiple program areas; help align messages and coordinate the release of deliverables across programs.
- Manage the Commission’s website and social media platforms content in liaison with departments/ sections.
- Engage in media monitoring with an aim of getting insight into the public opinion of NCIC and access success of journalistic engagement and mentions in the media.
Qualifications for the Senior Communication Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations from a recognized University
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences and a higher Diploma in Journalism, Public relations or Communication from a recognized Institution.
- A Masters degree in Communication Studies will be an added advantage
- Minimum experience of five (5) years in Communication and Knowledge Management.
- Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), Media Society of Kenya (MSK) or any other relevant body.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with teams
- Good Problem Solving skills
- Supervisory skills
- Report Writing skills
- Communication for Development
How to Apply
Applications attaching CVs, copies of certificates and testimonials should be forwarded not later than 14th November, 2017 to:
Commission Secretary / CEO
National Cohesion and Integration Commission
P.O Box 7055 -00100
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.