Referral Nurse Job, Latest Kenyan Nursing Jobs,
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Referral Nurse will be based in Urban Program Offices in Huruma and shall be responsible for providing Nursing care services to the beneficiaries of the urban refugee assistance program. He/she shall report to the Health Coordinator in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities, which shall include the following.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive patients referred from Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps and admission in appropriate health facilities.
- Facilitate referral of urban refugees who need secondary and tertiary health care.
- Receive patients referred by air ambulance from Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps at the airport and facilitate admission to hospital.
- Respond to emergencies from UNHCR, and partners when need arises.
- Participate in ward rounds in referral hospitals to follow up patient progress.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly summaries of patients attended to.
- Supervision of incentive staff – translators
- Maintenance of ambulance emergency tray and ensure it has updated supplies.
- Ensure that all medical cases at the Accommodation Centre are assessed and recorded. Open files for medical residents. Keep track of treatment received, medication, duration of stay, and other needs at the Centre.
- Make orders for the medical supplies for the Accommodation Centre.
- Assist in the Pharmacy in liaison with pharmacy personnel.
- Provide nursing care to transit centre residents where necessary e.g. wound dressing
- Any other duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing (KRCHN) from a recognized institution
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, internet etc.
- A registered member of the Nursing Council of Kenya
Relevant Job Experience and skills
- Experience working in a refugee program will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years in clinical work in a hospital set up
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quick response experiences
- Knowledge of English and Kiswahili languages.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work odd hours with minimum supervision.
- High level of integrity, commitment, and professional responsibility.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- A team player
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least 2 years
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.