Operations Manager Job, Current Kenyan Hotel Jobs,
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position reports to the Resorts In-charge and is responsible in providing leadership and strategic direction to Resorts and ensures maximized performance, profitability and return on investment. The individual is also charged with efficient and effective management of business development, sales and marketing of the Resorts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the review and implementation of the strategic, business, and operational plans for the Resorts.
- Ensure that all financial and other resources from the Resorts are effectively and efficiently managed by maintaining financial controls, prudent procedures, adequate records and accountability standards that meet the requirements of the Council and compliance with the regulatory
- Ensure that the Resort have adequate systems of internal controls and risk management.
- Ensure adherence to Council’s policies and procedures as outlined in the manuals; Commercial and Investment, Financial, Human Resource, Operation, Procurement, Administration and with legislative and statutory requirement.
- Identify structure, negotiate and form strategic relationships with potential business partners, and ensure effective management of established partnerships.
- Ensure that the Jumuia Resorts and projects operate within the mission and values of the Council.
- Formulate and guide business plans to ensure optimization of revenue generation, profitability and sustained growth for the Resorts.
- Monitor present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel/hospitality industry and recommend appropriate business proposals for decisions making and approval by the Council.
- Facilitate the Sales and marketing executives to develop business and marketing strategies that create competitive advantages for the Council Investment.
- Review the annual and periodic sales and marketing Plans and reports; and ensure effective sales and marketing activities.
- Ensure the function maintains a comprehensive inventory of all its assets.
Financial Planning, Management and Reporting
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve operating results
- Manage the development, implementation, monitoring and control of annual budgets for the function.
- Ensure preparation of accurate financial, business and management reports that support efficient and effective operations of the
- Analyze and interpret financial and resource management reports for the function for use by Management and relevant Committees of the Council.
- Plan and oversee the annual and special audits for the Jumuia Resorts.
Management of Staff
- Provide leadership, management, supervision, mentoring and capacity building to Resorts
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Hotel Management
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Hotel Management (if the incumbent does not have a degree in Hotel Management).
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong marketing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong multi-cultural skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Should be conversant with industrial/labour regulations.
- Should have good appreciation of financial management including budgeting, cash flow projections and management accounting.
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.