Hospital Administrator Job at NCCK Jumuia Hospital
Jumuia Hospitals Ltd. a group of hospitals providing both primary and secondary health care services and a subsidiary of the National Council of Churches of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates, to fill the following position in their Hospital in Huruma Nairobi
To ensure that the strategic, business objectives and values are put into practice
Roles for the Hospital Administrator Job
- To develop and implement standard operating systems (SOPs) for all the departments under operations.
- Responsible for implementing and achieving the hospital and departmental policies, objectives and operational procedures through department Heads.
- Review, monitor, and revise policies and procedures in coordination with the management.
- To develop business plans and specify individual staff target to pave way for achieving the overall departmental objectives and targets.
- To develop key operational metrics to improve the efficiency and turnaround time.
- To anticipate bottlenecks in the departmental operations and put in place back-up plans.
- To religiously work on cost control, without compromising on service and quality.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held with the concerned consultants, functional heads and staffs to review the daily functioning of the hospital and obtain feedbacks and put necessary corrective strategies in the action plan.
- To build strong employee / patient / hospital / doctor relationship.
- Ensure that the service offered far exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Overall responsible for patient / attender satisfaction across the assigned verticals and ensure that all guests complaints are handled promptly and effectively.
- To be responsible in managing all medico legal cases in coordination with the medical administrator / CEO / Board of Directors.
- To always keep the management informed of key issues and implement their feedback.
- To ensure smooth day to day functioning of the department / verticals assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability of sufficient health care staff to carry out the administrative tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible to supervise the staffs, maintain discipline and appraise their performance from time to time in coordination with HR.
- Ensure maintenance of highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Maintain an efficient patient feedback and response system to gather feedback and respond to problems in a timely manner.
- Monitor the performance of the hospital in terms of revenue & profitability against targets and take corrective steps as required.
- Undertake cost optimization initiatives such as reducing the usage of consumables, monitoring fixed costs, variable costs, overheads etc.
- Oversee duty rosters in order to ensure effective utilization of manpower.
- Manage the outsourced staff and ensure efficient running of the hospital.
- Develop and implement systems, policies, protocols for smooth functioning.
- Strategic management and decision making of the region for increase in the patient flow, revenue of the centre and satisfaction of the patients.
- Data management, analysis, interpretations and develop strategies for up lifting and reporting the same to the CEO / Board of directors.
- Supportive for projects, facilities, maintenance, finance and accounts, purchase, marketing etc.
- Corporate relations – TPA /insurance and corporate patient care and payment follow-up.
- Hold responsibility for service-quality standards and adherence to budgetary restrictions of security, housekeeping, food & beverages, engineering, hospital support services, patient care services and ancillary business services.
- Act as custodian of all government and statutory compliances for non-medical services.
- Short-list, train, schedule and motivate all manpower (including contracted) for all non-clinical departments (that come under incumbent’s direct purview) and get maximum output with respect to time and service standards.
- Maintain good rapport with the community, church leaders and other important person in and around vicinity in order to run the hospital functions smoothly.
- Any other job advised by CEO/Board of Directors from time to time
Hospital Administrator Job Requirements
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Degree in Hospital Management
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Knowledge in Financial Management
- Knowledge in Marketing Skills
- Leadership skills a must
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download). Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to [email protected] indicating job reference number in the email subject line.
The application forms to be received not later than 12.00 noon on 5th December 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position and Job Ref Number you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.