Senior Manager, Corporate Credit Approvals Job, Current Banking Vacancies 2022,
Job Purpose Statement
To support the Director, Credit Risk Management in developing and implementing a prudent credit risk framework in support of the bank’s objectives of building a balanced credit risk portfolio within the Corporate and Institutional Banking segment. The role in Credit Risk entails working closely with other business partners to analyse and develop strategies for credit originations in various channels, to achieve profitable growth while maintaining credit risk within acceptable levels. Responsible for the Management and Governance of Credit Corporate Portfolio from inception till repayment – throughout complete credit life cycle.
- Creating, implementing and administering the Bank’s Credit Risk strategies, policies, procedures, credit approvals.
- Ensure loan book quality is maintained at the prescribed level of provisions, portfolio at risk and non-performing loans.
- Evaluate & understand risk associated with individual transactions, products, securities, and the borrowers as well as the economies & industries they operate within. This includes review and understanding complex transactions as well as analyze credit applications to assess whether the credit risk is in line with the Bank’s Credit Risk Appetite relative to the profitability of the transaction.
- Conduct assessment and understanding of the Risk Reward for each deal reviewed as well as deliver well thought out decisions, showing sound judgement whilst adhering to the limits of the Delegated Authority.
- Facilitate Post credit approval monitoring and credit risk control which includes but is not limited to covenant monitoring, crafting of credit strategy for accounts on Close Monitoring or watch-list, collateral compliance tracking, excess and arrears management.
- Responsible for providing leadership successful goal attainment within the credit and risk mitigation areas across all product lines and dependent departments to ensure safety and soundness while optimizing the profitability and sustainable growth of the organization.
- Identifying training needs within the business stakeholders, formulating the training material and assisting in conducting regular training within the bank for matters relating to credit risk.
- Identify and drive change within Credit and the Business by initiating and owning change projects as well as represent the Unit when required at various forums including Credit Portfolio Committee, Watch-list, NPL committee, Internal Audit forums.
Ideal Job Specifications
- Relevant undergraduate degree.
- Appropriate Masters Level or Post Graduate Qualification.
- Relevant professional qualification in Banking, Accountancy, Credit Analysis (Certified Financial Analyst) and Credit / Risk management.
Desired Work Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Credit Risk Management, Corporate lending, or other relevant areas of practice preferably in the Banking sector out of which 5 years should be at Management level.
- Experience on regional lending and appraisal of country risks as well as syndicated lending; both in-country and regional.
- Exposure to Credit, Market and Operational Risk dimensions, Basel implementation, IFRS 9 implementation, ICAAP etc.
- Econometric experience (e.g., competence in understanding key macro drivers of credit risk, customer behaviour and lending strategy)
- The ability to conduct complex risk analyses and provide senior management with business insights of consumer credit quality and behaviour trends, and portfolio performance.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to articulate complex issues at an intuitive level to a non-risk audience
- Ability to think creatively – to challenge the norm and drive through solutions in the face of adversity and challenge.
How to Apply