Finance Manager Job, Latest Finance Jobs Kenya 2021,
Job Reference: Finance Manager. (1 Post) Ref No: FM/Nssl/2021
Reports to: The Chief Executive Officer
To raise funds, make gainful investment and ensure efficient utilization of funds in financing Nawiri’s growth and operations.
- Investment Decisions– take the lead in deciding where to invest Nawiri funds in line with the Asset-Liability Management Policy and Risk Management Framework.
- Financing Decisions– take charge of raising funds to finance Nawiri’s investments and operations.
- Dividend Decisions– to advise the CEO and the Board on dividend rate and the best way to appropriate profits made during the year between members and Nawiri.
- Liquidity Decisions– to ensure that Nawiri is Liquid and that there is enough money to meet long and short-term maturing obligations.
Key Job Skills
- Integrity and Honesty
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent persuasion, and networking skill
- High Performance and delivery of targeted goals
- Decisiveness and quick judgment skill
- Excellence business writing skill
- Market knowledge and Research
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Internal motivation, positivity, proactivity and taking initiative
- Training, mentor and coaching skills
- Capability to work in a team
Leadership, Management and Decision Making
- Develop and implement Finance Department’s Strategy and annual workplans.
- Implement and maintain an up-to-date financial management policy and procedures manual.
- Lead in Nawiri’s budgetary planning processes.
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business Line and department.
- Build and evolve a culture of integrity and performance within F&A department, promoting and living the prescribed corporate values.
- Ensure that all of the Nawiri’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation.
- Supervision of the internal management control team and assistance with setting up new standards and regulations.
- Liaise with Risk and Internal Audit to develop an internal control environment that safeguards Nawiri assets.
- Your part of the team that define corporate strategy (and operational structure).
- Leading in financial communication and the relationship with shareholders and investors.
- Supervising legal and tax affairs.
- Implement methods and practices to minimize financial risks.
- Any other duty that may be allocated to you by the CEO and or the Board of Directors.
Financial information and banking relationships
- Management of financial transactions.
- Management of cash and financing and third-party relationships including Bankers.
- Supervision and approval of Nawiri management control: planning, budgets, and reporting.
- Contribution to improvement or introduction of management information systems.
- Production of Nawiri branches and consolidated financial accounts – responsible for compliance and accuracy.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Management of accountants, assistants and other employees in the finance and accounting department responsible for the day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis.
- Management of the Accounting department and the Team.
Personnel – People Management/Health, Safety, and Wellness
- Ensuring that Finance and Accounting (F&A) Human Resources of Nawiri is effectively managed in terms of selection and recruitment, capacity development, incentives and motivation, disciplines in line with Human Resource strategy of the SACCO.
- Understand and implement Nawiri leadership responsibilities and accountabilities across Finance and Accounting.
- Supervise and support business Unit managers to deliver on annual business development targets.
- You will train, mentor and coach Nawiri staff to ensure they acquire sufficient capacity to execute business growth plans.
- Ensure understanding and compliance to relevant occupational health and safety obligations. Ensure health, safety and wellness initiatives are supported and that relevant policies are understood, followed and implemented by all F&A employees.
- Engage and give back to communities we operate in, in terms of Nawiri Corporate and Social Responsibility Values.
Skills and Experience
- More than 5 years experience in a busy financial management role
- Experience of working in financial services and investment sector
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Collegiate working style with strong management capability
- Ability to drive fundraising, investment decisions and organizational results
- Must be a holder of business-related degree from a recognized university.
- Be a qualified Accountant and a member of ICPAK.
- A Diploma in Banking or Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Must be proficient in digital working tools.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and valid Certificate of Good Conduct to [email protected] below quoting the Job Reference Number to reach by 5pm on 17th September 2021 or they can address as below quoting the Job Reference Number on the sealed envelope.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NAWIRI SACCO SOCIETY LTD
P. O BOX 400-60100
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.