Non-Revenue Water Officer Job, Engineering Jobs April,
NAWASCO was incorporated under the Company’s Act (Cap 486) of the laws of Kenya as a public company limited by shares on 14th of December, 2005. NAWASCO, pursuant to Section 154 of the Water Act 2016 operates as a county water service provider mandated to serve Nanyuki and its environs including parts of Nyeri and Meru Counties, covering a total of 286km2 as per the Service License with the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB).
NAWASCO’s core-mandate is derived from section 78 (1) of the Water Act 2016 which stipulate:
Provision of water services within the area specified in the license; and
Development of county assets for water services
Based on this mandate and the wider aspirations, the utility seeks to engage two officers as follows:
NON-REVENUE WATER OFFICER
- Reporting to the Technical Services Manager the successful candidate shall assist the Technical Services Manager in:
- Management of Non-Revenue Water
- Implementation of NRW reduction strategy
- Developing and implementation of NRW reduction plans
- NRW policy enforcement
- Spearheading establishment of NRW management unit plans and targets with workable succession plans in NAWASCO
- Coordination of drawing up of programs and action plans for the NAWASCO to implement in NRW reduction.
- Closely and strictly enforcing the implementation of the drawn-up programs and action
- Enforcing of all the targets related directly to NRW reduction and
- Assisting and guiding WSP on appropriate consumer
- Dissemination of new and modern information and techniques for NRW reduction and management to the WSP entire fraternity.
- Developing/improving and strictly enforcing policies and procedures on: Meter reading/servicing/testing and replacement, disconnection/reconnection, pipeline status inspections/maintenance, leaks/bursts establishment and repairs, illegal connections, 100% metering by NAWASCO in its daily operation.
- Assisting WSP to carry out staff (all) training and capacity building on NRW reduction strategies to raise awareness
- Help establish adequate documentation/record keeping and reporting structures and systems and enforcing them by the WSP.
- Collating and analyzing the NRW data and advising the WSP on progress and any interventions that may be necessary at any point in time.
- Assisting WSP in sensitizing customers on NRW management as this is a concerted effort by all
- Advising the WSP on specific resource requirements for each zone and project with regard to NRW management strategies and issues in its area of
- Safe custody, maintenance and administration of the pooled NRW reduction resources like leak detection equipment, ultrasonic flow meters among others for use by the
- Leading the WSP in undertaking the NRW reduction operations on the ground among
- Shall propose various interventions necessary to be incorporated in the various projects and utilities (old or new) at the different levels of project cycle i.e. design, implementation or operation and
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Degree holder in Water Engineering or Social Sciences with at least 10 years’ experience in NRW management.
- Experience in implementing donor funded NRW project
- Demonstrated practical experience in NRW management within water
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the position, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 12th April, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to;
The Managing Director,
Nanyuki Water & Sewerage Company, P.O Box 995 – 10400,
Email: [email protected]
NAWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.