Director Finance and Administration Job, Latest Finance jobs in Kenya,
VACANCY: DIRECTOR, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic/ Policy Responsibilities
- Develop finance policies and procedure manuals;
- Develop systems and management practices that facilitate efficient and effective management of the financial management function;
- Develop strategies to enhance absorption of budgets;
- Recommend solutions to financial challenges, and appropriate action plans;
- Plan for training to enhancing financial management skills;
- Initiate periodic reviews of accounting standards and ensures procedures are carried out;
- Develop guidelines for accounting staffing levels and training to ensure technical competence and knowledge in financial accounting and reporting;
- Propose performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology; and
- Monitor compliance with Public Finance Management Laws.
- Coordinate the Commission’s resource mobilization and investment activities;
- Ensure sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transactions in the Commission;
- Ensure the commission is compliant with all statutory requirements on finance management;
- Establish and maintain relations with external donors to lobby for funds to ensure availability of sufficient Capitals, required for the continuity of business operations;
- Ensure supplier performance management is effectively managed through the analysis of value delivered against signed contracts and services provided by suppliers, in order to achieve value for money for the Commission;
- Supervise preparation of feasibility studies, financial plans, annual budgets and other financial records, to ensure accuracy of generation of reports, for the provision of information;
- Ensure the Commission complies with all audits, accounts and report requirements as set by its mandate;
- Develop strategies to motivate staff within the Directorate for effective service delivery;
- Offer leadership of proper cash flow planning and effective cash management in order to avoid cash out situations that may negatively affect the Commission’s work as per the approved annual work plan; and Have the rights of Authority to Incur Expenditure(A.I.E)
- Master’s Degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any Social Science from a recognized Institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K), Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accounts Board;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Fifteen(15) years of service, of which three(3)must be of similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Gross Salary: As per NPSC Salary Structure
Terms of Service: Contract
Anual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Commission
Medical Cover: As existing in the Commission
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through jobs portal: https://services.npsc.go.ke/recruitment
- Shortlisted candidates will be expected to bring the original certificates for verification during the interview.
All applications to reach the Commission by the close of business on or before 22nd November, 2022 at 5.00 p.m East African Time (EAT).
Shortlisted candidates for the positions of Directors, Deputy Directors and Managers would be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including submiting HELB clearance certificate, Tax compliance from KRA, clearance from EACC and Police Clearance Certificate from DCI.
NB: National Police Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons with disabilities and from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.