Downstream Operations General Manager Administration Job at National Oil
National Oil Corporation of Kenya is desirous of recruiting a qualified professional to the position of General Manager, Downstream Operations. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate will take overall charge of managing of the Corporation’s Sales, Marketing and Operations departments.
Responsibilities for the General Manager Job
- Develop and implement the Corporation’s Sales, Marketing and Operations strategies;
- Establish and maintain good business relations with local and international suppliers and distributors;
- Develop, Implement and Monitor the Division budgets;
- Improve the marketing of new and existing oil products;
- Approve upgrades and maintenance programs to optimize productivity across the Corporation;
- Ensure achievement of all Services Level Agreements with suppliers and distributors;
- Ensure compliance with the Corporation’s policies and procedures to enhance operational Safety and Health; and
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning.
General Manager Job Qualifications
- Masters’ degree in Strategic Management, Marketing or any business field.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any business related field
- Diploma in Business Management, Sales and Marketing, Customer Service or Business Management will be an added advantage
- At least 12 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which should have been at a senior management level in sales, operations and/or supply planning.
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans
- Strong supervision, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
For more information, applicants can access advertisement and application details on National Oil website www.nockenya.co.ke/recruitment.
Applicants should either email to [email protected] or send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone number to Postal Address Physical Address
The Chairman, Board of Directors National Oil Corporation
National Oil Corporation Kawi Complex, South C, Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 58567-00200 NAIROBI Off Popo Road, Behind Boma Hotel
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Monday 31st October 2017. Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.