Principal Valuation and Taxation Officer Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
Principal Valuation and Taxation Officer– (Grade NLC 5) – One (1) Post
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will be on a Permanent and Pensionable terms
Personal Emolument for the position of Principal Valuation and Taxation Officer;
Basic Salary Scale : Kshs Min 88,000–Max 223,000 Per month
House Allowance : Kshs. 45,000 Per month
Commuter Allowance : Kshs. 16,000 Per month
Leave Allowance : Kshs. 20,000 Per annum
Medical Cover : As provided by the Commission
The job holder is responsible for Valuation of compulsory land acquisitions, lease renewals/extensions/alienations; provide advisory services for valuation and taxation to National and County Governments and the various Government bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate publication of requisite gazette notices.
- Undertake field inspections and valuation for assessment of compensation.
- Hold Public Inquiry to receive claims for compensation.
- Prepare and Serve notices of award on determined interested parties.
- Prepare a comprehensive entitlement matrix for interested parties.
- Prepare payment schedule for disbursement of compensation.
- Prepare and serve notices of taking possession and vesting to interested parties.
- Collate and forward records of acquired land parcels for vesting.
- Prepare valuation reports.
- Issue awards and collect requisite documents for compensation.
- Prepare compensation schedule.
- Oversee disbursement of compensation to the Project Affected Persons(PAPs).
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills):
Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- Diploma from institution of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Full Member Institution of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Registered and Practising Member by/of Valuer’s Registration Board.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from Kenya School of Government or any other recognised institution.
- Have a Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Must have served for nine (9) years, three (3) years of which must be experience in comparable positions in Public Service or from any reputable organization.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder Engagement skills
- Organisational Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Supervisory skills
How to Apply
- Job applicants should attach all requisite academic and professional certificates to the application form which is to be downloaded from the Commission website.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic & professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present unauthentic certificates.
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send;
Your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, Post Office Box number, email address, and day time telephone/mobile phone contacts)
Visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply and to download employment application form. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application.
In case you do not hear from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Upon granting an offer of employment, a successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- A valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications should reach the office of the Secretary/CEO, National Land Commission by 11th October, 2022 on/or before 5.00pm.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All hardcopy application should be submitted to:
National Land Commission
2nd Ngong Road Avenue,
316 UpperHill Chambers Building,
19th Floor, P.O Box 44417-00100,