Natural Resources Officer Job,Latest Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Natural Resources Officer – (Grade NLC 7) – One (1) Post
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will be on a Permanent and Pensionable terms.
Personal Emolument for the position of Natural Resources Officer
Basic Salary Scale : Kshs Min 40,000 – Max 70,000 Per month
House Allowance : Kshs. 16,500 Per month
Commuter Allowance : Kshs. 10,000 Per month
Leave Allowance : Kshs. 15,000 Per annum
Medical Cover : As provided by the Commission
The purpose of the job is to coordinate establishment and maintenance of natural resources data and information repository for its sustainable use, development and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and track the status of various ecosystems in the country and provide recommendations.
- Identify bankable projects and strategic initiatives for the Commission’s natural resources management agenda.
- Review Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) reports and provide inputs/advisories.
- Establish and maintain natural resource registers for referencing, planning and informing policy and sustainable management of natural resources.
- Coordinate field/secondary data and information gathering, collation, analysis and synthesis for enhanced management of natural capital for posterity.
- Liaise with National and County Governments and other stakeholders in natural resource sector and identify avenues for partnerships and collaborations.
- Provide technical input to various natural resource management issues and policy related spheres.
- Facilitate stakeholder mobilization and general awareness of the Commission’s natural resource management portfolio.
- Ascertain, verify and address diverse stakeholder claims relating to natural resources.
- Coordinate knowledge management, information and experiential sharing platforms for uptake of natural resource data and information.
- Coordinate departmental activities report development and documentation.
- Triangulate natural resource data and information for accuracy, consistency and efficiency.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills):
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Natural Resources Management, Forestry, Fisheries and Aquatic sciences, Biological Sciences, Wildlife Management, Conservation Science, Mineral and Energy sciences, Developmental studies, Environmental Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- Certificate in Geographical Information Systems and remote sensing from a recognized institution.
- Registered Environmentalist (Lead/Associate EIA Expert).
Previous relevant work experience required.
Must have served and held similar position for at least three (3) years in public service or related sector.
Applicants must possess level of knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Knowledge on relevant legislations, policies and standards governing environment, land and natural resources.
- Knowledge on professional standards and ethics.
- Knowledge/skills on Remote Sensing and GIS.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Skills.
- Report writing and communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
How to Apply
- Job applicants should attach all requisite academic and professional certificates to the application form which is to be downloaded from the Commission website.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic & professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present unauthentic certificates.
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send;
Your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, Post Office Box number, email address, and day time telephone/mobile phone contacts)
Visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply and to download employment application form. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application.
In case you do not hear from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Upon granting an offer of employment, a successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- A valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications should reach the office of the Secretary/CEO, National Land Commission by 11th October, 2022 on/or before 5.00pm.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All hardcopy application should be submitted to:
National Land Commission
2nd Ngong Road Avenue,
316 UpperHill Chambers Building,
19th Floor, P.O Box 44417-00100,