Legal Officer Job, Legal Kenya Jobs 2022,
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate findings and developing strategies & arguments in preparation for presentation of Corporations cases;
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions,
- Select and identify, meeting with and questioning witnesses before and during the course of a trial;
- Present evidence in defense or prosecution / support of the Corporation’s cases;
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as; plaints, notice of motions, chamber summons, originating summons, miscellaneous applications, references, petitions, affidavits and such other pleadings;
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions and filing appeals in appropriate courts;
- Seek expert opinion from professional colleagues with specialized experience/skills in appropriate areas/field of the legal issue to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings or otherwise;
- Witness the execution of legal documents;
- Advise the Corporation on matters of probate and administration of estates of deceased individuals.
- Carry out training needs assessment, planning, coordinating and facilitating training for staff in litigation;
- Respond to correspondence on legal matters, on behalf of the Corporation.
- Helping develop and interpret laws and legislation, and establish enforcement procedures;
- Review the Corporation’s external advocates’ progress reports on court matters.
- Bachelors of Law degree from a recognized University
- Post graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya school of law or any other recognised institution
- Be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Six(6) years experience in law practice or as an Advocate or Legal Officer
- Member of the law society of Kenya or other recognized professional body
- Note: Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.
How to Apply