Deputy Director, Human Resource and Administration Jobs, HR Kenya Jobs
- Coordinates and oversees the Human Resource and administration functions within the Authority;
- Coordinates the development, interpretation, implementation and review of human resource management and administration policies, standards and procedures;
- Manages staff recruitment, promotions, discipline and capacity building;
- Coordinates the analysis of staffing levels in the Authority and recommends proposals for succession planning and management;
- Develops, reviews and coordinates implementation of welfare and other incentive schemes for the Authority’s staff;
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the department’s projects and programmes;
- Oversees the development and implementation of grievance handling mechanisms among staff;
- Promotes best practices in the management of human resource function;
- Champions change management programmes within the Authority;
- Oversees the evaluation of the effectiveness of training and human resource development programmes;
- Oversees the effectiveness of the Records Management functions of the Authority;
- Oversees the provision of security and safety for Authority’s premises and staff;
- Manages provision of office space, transport and other logistical services;
- Fosters teamwork culture to promote and facilitate productivity, performance, professionalism and innovation by staff throughout the Department;
- Manages the Department’s Information Management Systems;
- Provides technical, strategic and policy advice on Human Resource and Administration matters;
- Ensures alignment of policies, strategies and programmes of the Human Resource and Administration Department’s function to the overall organizational strategies and objectives; and
- Ensures prudent and optimum utilization of department’s resource.
- Monitors the implementation and adherence to the Departmental Work Plans;
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Management Department in the development, management and maintenance of the assets register for the Authority;
- Provides mentorship and coaching to the Department’s staff;
- Coordinates training programmes for Authority’s staff;
- Reviews and validates monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Department;
- Reviews and validates board and management papers for the Human Resource and Administration Department;
- Approves leave applications, sick sheets and sick offs for staff; and
- Approves procurement requisitions of the department;
- Serves as the secretary to the Authority’s Human Resource Advisory Committee.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Minimum of twelve (10) years relevant work experience and at least four (4) in a senior management role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following; Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management in good standing and a Practicing certificate.
How to apply
Applications must be delivered in hard copy to the registered mail via the address below to be received by 11th April 2022 at 5:00pm.
Ag. DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority
P.O Box 30117, 00100
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.