Deputy Director, Finance and Accounts Jobs, Finance Jobs Kenya
- Manage all issues pertaining to the finance and accounts functions of the Authority;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of sound financial management policies and procedures for the Authority;
- Coordinate the preparation of annual budget and forecasting of annual cash flow requirements;
- Enforce budget cost controls among the Authority’s directorates, departments and divisions by reviewing expenditure returns, prepare variance analysis and recommending corrective action;
- Advice the Board and management on financial and accounting matters;
- Ensure the application of Government accounting policies in all the financial operations of the Authority;
- Plan and coordinate timely preparation of annual work plans and budget estimates;
- Coordinate the development and management of internal controls and compliance systems;
- Ensure the Authority maintains records of all its financial transactions;
- Coordinate preparation of the Annual Financial Report in accordance with accounting standards and procedures;
- Coordinate the preparation of the final annual statement of accounts in accordance with accounting standards, procedures and submission to the Board and other relevant institutions;
- Undertake review of management accounting reports before submission to senior management and the Board;
- Develop and maintain complete and accurate records of the Authority’s financial transactions by regularly reviewing the financial and accounting systems;
- Monitor and evaluate the utilization of Authority funds with a view to accounting for all expenditures;
- Ensure compliance with applicable financial statutory obligations and circulars;
- Account for revenues generated from Appropriations In Aid (AIA) by the Authority;
- Coordinate the consolidation of the Authority’s printed budget estimates and revised budget as per guidelines issued by National Treasury;
- Develop and manage internal controls and compliance for the utilization of the Authority’s financial resources;
- Coordinate the Authority’s Public Private Partnership program strategies;
- Forecast annual cash flow requirements of Authority;
- Participate in stakeholder’s management to ensure sustainable partnership;
- Assesses Authority’s financial risks and develops strategies for mitigation;
- Ensure timely disbursement and payments for goods and services as per contract terms;
- Schedule all payment within the Authority’s budgetary provisions;
- Review expenditure returns from departments, prepares variance analysis and recommends corrective action;
- Analyse and interpret financial reports and other accounting records;
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Authority’s expenditures by regularly reviewing the financial and accounting systems;
- Approve training projections for the department’s staff;
- Develops and installs effective financial management systems and procedures;
- Maintain efficient financial reporting and accounting.
- Implement accounting policies and procedures;
- Prepare variance financial accounts analysis and recommends corrective action; and
- Mentor, coach and counsel staff working under the department.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least ten (10) years relevant working experience, four (4) of which must have been at a management level;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or their equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management (Finance or Accounting option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) or Associate of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA); and
- Membership and in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body.
- Leadership course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks from a recognised institution.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Registered with an accredited and recognized professional body;
- Proficiency in computer skills;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to apply
Applications must be delivered in hard copy to the registered mail via the address below to be received by 11th April 2022 at 5:00pm.
Ag. DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority
P.O Box 30117, 00100
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.