Assistant Director, Internal Audit Jobs, Audit Kenyan Jobs 2022
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience and three (3) years of which must be a supervisory position;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized university;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized university;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent qualification;
- Registered member of ICPAK and in good standing
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Supervises the regular risk assurance, quality control and compliance tests on the Authority’s operating systems, policies and procedures and makes necessary recommendations;
- Supervises the development and implementation of internal audit policies, strategies, procedures, norms and standards and plans;
- Supervises the implementation of audit schedules and programs;
- Supervises and appraises staff in the department;
- Evaluates and reviews the performance of staff in the Department.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of action taken to implement audit recommendations received from both internal and external audits;
- Facilitates the timely implementation of the annual audit work plan;
- Reviews and advises on adequacy of existing control systems;
- Ensures identification and documentation of audit issues and recommendations;
- Ensures implementation of the anti-fraud and corruption strategy in accordance with Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission guidelines;
- Reviews the results of audit reports and findings;
- Reviews training projections for the staff in the department;
- Prepares the procurement plan for the department; and
- Mentors and coaches staff.
How to apply
Applications must be delivered in hard copy to the registered mail via the address below to be received by 11th April 2022 at 5:00pm.
Ag. DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority
P.O Box 30117, 00100
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.