Registered Nurse Job, Current Nursing Jobs Kenya 2021,
Nairobi Adventist Hospital (NAH) is a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church-established and owned Hospital. It is a tertiary (level 4) hospital located in Nyari west area in Westlands sub-county, Nairobi County, Kenya. According to the SDA ranks, the Hospital is within the Central Kenya Conference of SDA Church (CKC) within the East Kenya Union Conference(EKUC) of the East-Central Africa Division (ECD).
REPORTS TO: NURSING OFFICER IN CHARGE
The major role of the nurses shall be to administer treatment as prescribed by the doctor to patients and clients. They also have a role to offer advice and emotional support to patients and their families to ensure provision of holistic care.
- Assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs.
- Planning and implementing care interventions based on patients or client health needs
- Making simple diagnosis and evaluating patients and client’s outcome
- Providing appropriate health care services including Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Immunization, PMTCT, Antenatal Care, and Delivery.
- Administration of medication providing health education and counseling on identified health and social-economic needs to patients and clients.
- Facilitating patient admission and initiating discharge plans in a health facility.
- Maintaining records on patients’ and clients’ health conditions and care.
- Prescription and treatment of common diseases.
- Administering drugs, vaccines, and contraceptives.
- Conducting delivery and resuscitation of newborns with complications.
- Performing simple surgical procedures.
- Referring clients with complex or severe conditions to higher treatment centers for comprehensive care and treatment.
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment.
- Teaching and mentoring other staff,
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor of Science in nursing from a recognized University or a Diploma in KRCH/KRN from KMTC OR other institution recognized by NCK Enrollment Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Specialized nursing training will be an added advantage
- Possess valid practicing License from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to deal with confidential information and follow set processes.
- Enthusiastic, creative with a friendly appearance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to [email protected]
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference P. O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting the position applied for as the subject line.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.